These immaculately restored and richly detailed twin Victorian Filigree terrace houses - Falkirk and Helensburgh - were completed in 1887 and are a highlight of South Melbourne's Nelson Road. The detail in the parapets and iron lace work is immaculate.
Built in the magnificent Neo-Gothic styled Ormond College is The University of Melbourne's largest residential college. Designed by legendary Melbourne architect Joseph Reed - who also designed Melbourne's world heritage listed Royal Exhibition Building
La Verna, Kew (Melbourne), built in 1888; attributed to architect John Beswicke. Then named Heathfield, its first owner was H. Eeles, stationer, who lived there until 1910. From 1931 it was owned by Franciscan friars, who sold it in 2002 for $8.3mill; the grounds were subdivided and the magnificent 3.6a garden of mature trees, including a huge 100yo Moreton Bay Fig, was bulldozed. The property had been one of Kew's most significant private gardens. The house sold again in 2007 for $12mill.