King William Street, 1890 B 171 King William Street, Adelaide, west side, with North Terrace in the distance. The original ES bank premises and the Bank of Adelaide can be seen. The building with a verandah is the original Gresham Hotel. Horse cabs for hire line the centre of the road. Gresham place is shown.
Viaducts, near Adelaide : [postcard], c1910. The viaducts for the railway lines in the Adelaide Hills crossed two steep gullies and were manufactured by an American company. These viaducts were criticised during their construction and even after they had been publicly tested on 18 August 1882, with a loaded train weighing nearly 200 tons. The tunnels and viaducts served an important role on the main Adelaide to Melbourne railway line until 1919. They were dismantled the following year.