The Georgian British Empire

92 Pins34 Followers
‘Reibycroft’, Hawkesbury River, NSW was constructed in the 1820s by Mary Reiby for her daughter Penelope and son-in-law John Atkinson. The original grant was of 200 acres to Thomas Reiby and the property now comprises 100 acres including part of Bushell’s lagoon. Other owners of the property included the Greentree family who operated a dairy farm on the site for 90 years and the Marshall family who purchased the farm in 1946. Photo taken 1947

‘Reibycroft’, Hawkesbury River, NSW was constructed in the by Mary Reiby…

British soldiers relaxing at a sutler's booth, 1808, Anne SK Brown Military Collection

"British soldiers are fellows who have all enlisted for drink – that is the plain fact - they have enlisted for drink. Image "Suttling booth" Atkinson, John Augustus (artist) Soldiers eating and drinking near tent on edge of encampment.

Early colonial architecture (1835) in Cambridge, Tasmania (Australia). It's for sale!

Early colonial architecture in Cambridge, Tasmania (Australia). It's for sale!

Erskinevilla from which Erskineville was named. Erskinevilla (or Erskine Villa) was built by convicts for Rev George Erskine in 1832. Erskinevilla was demolished in 1961.

"Erskinevilla" from which the suburb of Erskineville was named.Erskinevilla (or Erskine Villa) was built by convicts for Wesleyan Reverend George Erskine in was demolished in

Panshanger, Longford, Tasmania built c1831 for Joseph Archer. A delicate pilastered breakfront villa with some Tuscan details

Panshanger, Longford, Tasmania built for Joseph Archer. A delicate pilastered breakfront villa with some Tuscan details

William 'Billy' Blue was a Jamaican convict ferry master of some local fame in Sydney Australia because of his aphorisms and lively banter. 1834. Find more detailed information about this photograph: http://acms.sl.nsw.gov.au/item/itemDetailPaged.aspx?itemID=404717 From the collection of the State Library of New South Wales http://www.sl.nsw.gov.au

Biography - William (Billy) Blue - Australian Dictionary of Biography

Reverse-serpentined Chippendale desk of mahogany with oversized ball and claw feet, perfectly-carved scallop shell center drop, oversized original brasses, blocked and shell-carved interior with three fans, carved flame-topped document drawers, and rare mirrored prospect door. 'As descended' condition, with original surface and great presence. North Shore, MA, probably Salem, c1775.  41 3/4" width, 44" ht. Obvious crack in the lid at one hinge.

Peter Eaton specializes in New England furniture made between 1650 and with a particular emphasis on William and Mary, country Queen Anne, and Federal period furniture from eastern Massachusetts, Connecticut, and the Connecticut River Valley.

NSW 1810 view of Sydney from west side of the cove

NSW 1810 view of Sydney from west side of the cove

THEN: 1909 - rather than demolish the old 1818 Government House at Parramatta, (as was considered) it was restored (photo not sourced - on display at location)  NOW: 2017 - restored to its former glory, the Old Government House at Parramatta is now 1 of 11 Australian Convict sites inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage List (Les de Belin's photo 29/7/2017). By Les de Belin

THEN: 1909 - rather than demolish the old 1818 Government House at Parramatta, (as was considered) it was restored (photo not sourced - on display at location) NOW: 2017 - restored to its former glory, the Old Government House at Parramatta is now 1 of 11 Australian Convict sites inscribed on UNESCO's World Heritage List (Les de Belin's photo 29/7/2017). By Les de Belin

Cape Pillar near the entrance of the River Derwent, Van Diemens Land, by Joseph Lycett from Views in Australia or New South Wales and Van Diemens Land Delineated, in Fifty Views with Descriptive Letter Press, London, 1825

© Alamy Green land: Cape Pillar in Tasmania, Australia, 1824

The town of Sydney in New South Wales in 1821.

'The town of Sydney in New South Wales' by Major James Taylor

View of Sydney from the east side of the Cove, 1810. Painting by John Eyre

View of Sydney from the east side of the Cove, Painting by John Eyre

Prisoners of the Royal Admiral taken directly from the ship to Parramatta without being disembarked at Sydney beforehand - Cumberland Argus 25 October 1899

Prisoners of the Royal Admiral taken directly from the ship to Parramatta without being disembarked at Sydney beforehand - Cumberland Argus 25 October 1899

Royal Oak Hotel at 387 Church St,at the corner of Ross St,Parramatta (year unknown).It was established in 1831.Behind the pub are stables that are even older,heritage-listed, as well as an archaeological site.

Royal Oak Hotel at 387 Church St,at the corner of Ross St,Parramatta (year unknown).It was established in 1831.Behind the pub are stables that are even older,heritage-listed, as well as an archaeological site.

1823 Van Diemen's Land Ten Shilling Promissory Note By John Lepine Good

1823 Van Diemen's Land Ten Shilling Promissory Note By John Lepine Good

Pinterest
Search