Transporting crates of the dismantled Captain Cooks' Cottage through Melbourne. 14/4/1934 prior to rebuilding it in the Fitzroy Gardens. It was originally built in the village of Great Ayton in Yorkshire, England in 1755, by Cook's parents. Melbourne philanthropist, Russell Grimwade purchase the cottage as a centenary gift for the people of Melbourne. The cottage had to be dismantled, each brick numbered, put into 253 cases and 40 barrels crates and shipped to Melbourne.