Buckley and Nunn art deco moderne men's store, 298-304 Bourke St, Melbourne, c 1930s

Buckley Nunn art deco moderne men's store, Bourke St, Melbourne, c First floor window were in front of The Espresso Bar.

The original punt on the Yarra that gave Punt Road its name. Looking southeast to South Yarra, the rise of the road is unmistakable.

Melbourne & the Yarra RiverTwickenham Ferry, Twickenham Crescent, Burnley, close to where the Mac Robertson Bridge is now. Notice the cable across the river to grab and pull boats

Coop's shot tower, built in 1888, is now enclosed by Melbourne Central shopping centre. This photo was taken in the 1970s, though the exact date is not known.

View of construction in central Melbourne 1975 of underground city rail loop. Now Melbourne Central. An aerial view of Coops shot tower looking over the construction site.

Melbourne, 1839

John Batman's " village " by Birrayung , river of mists and shadows , is transformed . Melbourne , by the River Yarra ,

Melbourne's Victoria Brewery in Victoria Parade with the faithful horse teams. 1886

Melbourne's Victoria Brewery in Victoria Parade with the faithful horse teams.

Founding of Melbourne: landing from the Yarra Basin August 29th 1835

Founding of Melbourne: landing from the Yarra Basin August 1835

melbourne from the falls from a sketch 1838

Explore our digital image pool

The Yarra river #melbourne below the Falls, 1858 #heritage. photographers Antoine Fauchery and Richard Daintree

The Yarra river #melbourne below the Falls, 1858 #heritage. photographers Antoine Fauchery and Richard Daintree

D'Estaville, Kew, was built in 1859 for Sir William Foster Stawell. Designed in the Classic Revival style by prominent colonial architects, Knight and Kerr (designers of Melbourne's Parliament House), it is their only residential work and one of the few Melbourne mansions built out of bluestone. Originally standing in grounds of 32 acres, the house is a two storey villa featuring an asymmetrical massing of bluestone with restrained classical details. The stone work of the imposing…

D'Estaville, Kew, was built in 1859 for Sir William Foster Stawell. Designed in the Classic Revival style by prominent colonial architects, Knight and Kerr (designers of Melbourne's Parliament House), it is their only residential work and one of the few Melbourne mansions built out of bluestone. Originally standing in grounds of 32 acres, the house is a two storey villa featuring an asymmetrical massing of bluestone with restrained classical details. The stone work of the imposing…

Pinterest
Search