The Orion Cafe in Ashfield in Sydney during the late The Orion was operated by a Greek-Cypriot, George Andrews. It was through these Greek-run cafes and milk bars that milkshake became 'king' of light refreshments.
The rear of the Susannah Place terrace,Cumberland Place at The Rocks of Sydney (in detail). The "cash grocer" on the corner of Susannah Place at 64 Gloucester St was serving local customers for over 90 years. During this time there were 12 shopkeepers who lived onsite with their families.The two we know most about are George Hill,who ran the shop from 1879 –1890, and Clara and Hugo Youngeins,who ran the shop from 1904-1930. •Mitchell Library,State Library of NSW•