Marble House Alva (Vanderbilt) Belmont sold Marble House to Frederick H. Prince in It was purchased 1963 from the Prince estate by Alva's son, Harold S. Vanderbilt, who donated it to the Preservation Society of Newport County.
'The Elms': Built by Horace Trumbauer in 1901 for Philadelphia coal magnate Edward Berwind; The style is French chateau. Photo Credit: Richard Cheek for The Preservation Society of Newport County, Rhode Island
Linen yachting ensemble embroidered with the insignia of the New York Yacht Club, Mrs. John Nicholas Brown (née Natalie Bayard Dresser) included this outfit in her honeymoon trousseau. Preservation Society of Newport County.