Grove Park, Somerset. The Pigotts were lords of the manor and owned Grove Park as a summer retreat. In the early 19th Century, Rev. Wadham Pigott, the curate at the parish, obtained an enclosure award (1810) an determined to develop Weston Super Mare into a seaside resort. The first hotel, The Reeves (still standing under a different name) was completed and opened for business in 1812.