The Lane house of Bornova photographed in 1956. The house was pulled down in 1973 and there is now a secondary school in its place. Rufus Lane [commercial postcards sent by this man] was a consular official at the US Consulate and married the Miss Pyaschi in 1898 and so acquired this family property. The great-grandchildren of Rufus Lane now live in Richmond, Virginia, USA.
The former house of ‘lord’ Ioannis Kanas, the great benefactor of the Evangeliki and the Greek Hospital married to Maria Baltazzi daughter of Emmanuel. The house then passed to P. This former house was situated on the outskirts of Bornova.