Taken in this image features Forest Road at MacMahon Street a few years before the corner was re-developed. The Rex Coffee Lounge and the former Council Chambers beside it were shortly after demolished to make way for Hurstville House.
Forest Rd, Hurstville, N.S.W. early 1900s The road had officially been the Illawarra Road which was to link that region with Sydney, but was widely known as Gannon's Forest Road up until the 1880s when it became Forest Road. Patrick MacMahon, a prominent land-holder in the area, built the original Hurstville Hotel featured in the right foreground of the photograph in 1884
School Children, Military Personnel, First World, The Lord, Drills, Flags, The Day, November, Drill