demolished entrance to St James Station, facing Macquarie St, Sydney. It was replaced with a pedestrian tunnel under St James Road when Queen's Square was turned into a mall in the LOVE The little cars, red/white/.
Paddys Market in Sydney.The origin of Paddy's Market as a distinct market dates back to 1834 when Governor Bourke decides to move traders if hay and grains to a site next to the new cattle market on Campbell St.Photo from City of Sydney Archives.
Once a slum immortalised in The Harp in the South by Ruth Park. Now achingly trendy. Great architecture, tree lined streets and marvellous boutiques. An image of A Surry Hills alleyway by Harold Cazneaux, 1911