Melbourne Town Hall : Buildings and Architecture - Melbourne, Victorian & Australian Architecture Topics
Melbourne Town Hall before the portico was added in 1888 and the auditorium enlarged in 1928.
Image of the corner of Swanston Street and Little Collins Street - City Collection
Black and white image of the corner of Swanston Street and Little Collins Street. Council House 2 now stands on this site. Signage for The Victoria Hotel can also be seen on the right.
Adelaide Town Hall and Aldridge's Prince Alfred Hotel, c1890
from original albumen print by Sweet, 5 x 7 inches Adelaide Town Hall is a landmark building on King William Street in Adelaide, South Australia. The structure was designed by Edmund Wright and Edward Woods, with construction commencing in 1863 and completed in 1866. The tower is named after Prince Albert and the clock was installed in 1935 George Aldridge came to South Australia from Sydney, and was a well-known Adelaide publican, associated with the Majestic, Prince of Wales and Prince…