Children of the Rocks, Sydney 1912 surrounded by sandstone.

Did great great aunt Sabina Flynn play on Sussex street, The Rocks, when she was a little girl? Children of the Rocks, Sydney 1912 surrounded by sandstone.

Fort Macquarie from Blues Point Road, North Sydney (with Milsons Point left) 1870-75 (American & Australasian Photographic Company - SLNSW). Thanks Steve W Teece.

Fort Macquarie from Blues Point Road, North Sydney (with Milsons Point left) (American & Australasian Photographic Company - SLNSW). Thanks Steve W Teece.

Stonemasons at work carving gargoyles during the construction of Sydney University in 1858.Photo from Josef Lebovic Gallery.A♥W

Stonemasons at work carving gargoyles during the construction of Sydney University in from Josef Lebovic Gallery.

Sir Charles Kingsford Smith (Smithy) Australian aviator. In 1928, he earned…

Sir Charles Edward Kingsford Smith, MC, AFC (National Archives of Australia,

Two ships in Sydney Harbour in the early 1930s.

On a misty day in high over the ships in the harbour, the two halves of the Sydney Harbour Bridge are almost ready to be joined.

Giles's Hot Sea Baths, Coogee, c. 1930s, by Sam Hood

Giles's Hot Sea Baths, Coogee, c. by Sam Hood. The bathhouse is no longer there but the swimming spot is lovely. You'll recognise the stairs at the very north end of Coogee bay

In 1865 there were 6 shopkeepers, 4 bootmakers, 3 butchers 2 saddlers, 2 ironmongers a druggist and a draper along Sydney Road

In 1865 there were 6 shopkeepers, 4 bootmakers, 3 butchers 2 saddlers, 2 ironmongers a druggist and a draper along Sydney Road

Corner of Bridge and Young St's Sydney looking west circa 1875 and in 2015. [c1875- National Library of Australia > 2015-UndrCarbonSkies/Pyrmonstrosity Pyrmontosis]

1875 / 2015 Corner of Bridge & Young St's Sydney looking west National Library of Aust

Sir John Young Crescent, Woolloomoolloo in 1928 and 2014. [1928 - Sydney University Archives/2014 - Google Street View. By Phil Harvey]

Sir John Young Crescent, Woolloomoolloo in 1928 and - Sydney…

Corner Store 1970s > Corner Gallery 2016, Glebe. [City of Sydney Archive > Curt Flood. By Curt Flood]

[City of Sydney Archive > Curt Flood. By Curt Flood]

Flash back to 4 March 1932 - Opening Day of Coles Store at 402 Sydney Road. The ground floor of Bates Building has been completely remodelled by local builder Robert Irvine, although, as we can see, the painters are still at work on the first floor facade. Coles stayed open till 1954.

Opening Day on 4 March 1932 of Coles Store at 402 Sydney Rd,Coburg.

Eddy Avenue, outside Sydney's Central Station in December 1953 and March 2014. [Trove>Google Street View. By Phil Harvey]

Eddy Avenue, outside Sydney's Central Station in December 1953 and March 2014. [Trove>Google Street View. By Phil Harvey]

Pinterest
Search