People, Places & Spaces
Mosman then and now.
At the top
The Hunter beach end of Balmoral beach c.
The Safari House 16 Hunter Road Mosman. Built in 1963 the architect was Nino Sydney for Lend Lease. Lend Lease only built ten of these houses as the concreting proved too expensive.
Village Cinema Spit Junction, 1986
Mosman Bay and ferry 1950s.
Ferry and Mosman Wharf 1920s.
Ferries Kirawa and Kanangra passing in Mosman Bay c. 1938
The ferries Kurraba and Kuring-gai arrive at Circular Quay c. 1907.
Killarney School students playing, Founded in 1902 in Dalton Road this Mosman school continues today in Belmont Road Mosman as a school for pre-schoolers.
6 Stanton Road Mosman, January house was demolished to make way for a two-storey brick dwelling which was completed in September From the this beach shack at no. 6 Stanton Road was known as 'Dixie' and owned by Dr Erasmus Bligh
Bus at Mosman bay, c. Buses and trams travelled to Mosman bay to meet the ferry service.