Drummoyne house. hunter's hill in the background (by Prof. John Smith)

On the verandah of Drummoyne House, Drummoyne, Sydney. Photo taken mid Sadly, House demolished v

The old Gladesville Bridge and Victoria Road, Drummoyne viewed from the control tower in the late 1940's

The old Gladesville Bridge and Victoria Road, Drummoyne viewed from the control tower in the late

Drummoyne house in the mid 1850s with the garden barely developed

Drummoyne House (by Prof. View from garden looking toward north east corner of house. Young trees in barely developed garden; woman on verandah; possibly the same as in 73 to right of group.

Drummoyne House, Sydney taken by the first Dean, Professor John Smith - Faculty of Medicine Uni of Sydney

A large stone mansion set in an extensive estate with frontages to the Parramatta River opposite Hunters Hill,was built in the late as a home for wealthy merchant and trader,William Wright and his wife Bethia,nee Roberton 🌹

Arlington Hotel, Parramatta Road, Five Dock (near the corner of Great North Road), 1910. Royal Australian Historical Society

Arlington Hotel, Parramatta Road, Five Dock (near the corner of Great North Road), Royal Australian Historical Society

Drummoyne Fire Station Sydney

Drummoyne's second fire station, in with the volunteer fire brigade showing off their newly acquired horse drawn manual engine. This fire station was built in

Corner Parramatta Rd and Great North Road at Ashfield/Five Dock in 1930. So many electricity poles compared to now.

Corner Parramatta Rd and Great North Road at Ashfield/Five Dock in So many electricity poles compared to now.

Dairy Farm, Concord, 1923 "Photo taken from 41 Correys Avenue. To the left of the photograph the road leads to Majors Bay Road and to the right of the photograph it leads to Concord Road."

Dairy Farm, Concord, 1923 "Photo taken from 41 Correys Avenue. To the left of the photograph the road leads to Majors Bay Road and to the right of the photograph it leads to Concord Road.

Russell Lea Manor (also known as Russell Lea House), the home of Russell Barton, was situated north of Lyons Road between Sibbick Street and Lyons Road, Five Dock, Sydney. The house was built between 1878 and 1882. In the early 1920s it was used by the Red Cross as a Nerve Hospital. Russell Lea Manor was demolished in 1925.

Russell Lea Manor (also known as Russell Lea House), the home of Russell Barton, was situated north of Lyons Road between Sibbick Street and Lyons Road, Five Dock, Sydney. The house was built between 1878 and 1882. In the early 1920s it was used by the Red Cross as a Nerve Hospital. Russell Lea Manor was demolished in 1925.

The old Drummoyne swimming pool, next to the original Bridge. v@e

The old Drummoyne swimming pool, next to the original Bridge.

Buses waiting at "the paper shop stop" Lyons Rd Drummoyne c1970 & 2015 [c1970-Sydney Bus Museum>2015 -Phil Harvey]

Buses waiting at "the paper shop stop" Lyons Rd Drummoyne & 2015 Bus -Phil Harvey]

Bridge Street/Victoria Road, Drummoyne, looking towards Lyons Road in circa 1927 and 2014. [circa 1927 - State Library of NSW>2014 - Google Street View. By Phil Harvey]

Bridge Street/Victoria Road, Drummoyne, looking towards Lyons Road in circa 1927 and 2014. [circa 1927 - State Library of NSW>2014 - Google Street View. By Phil Harvey]

The Drummoyne Reservoir and Water Supply Tank, Rawson Avenue in 1912 and 2013. The tank was built by the Metropolitan Board of Water Supply and Sewerage in 1910. The tower was added in 1912 at the insistence of Sir Thomas Henley. The tower copied a similar one at Bellevue Hill that had been built for military purposes. The Bellevue Hill tower has since been demolished making the Drummoyne tower unique. [1912 - Canada Bay Connections/2013 - Google Street View. By Phil Harvey]

The Drummoyne Reservoir and Water Supply Tank, Rawson Avenue in 1912 and 2013. The tank was built by the Metropolitan Board of Water Supply and Sewerage in 1910. The tower was added in 1912 at the insistence of Sir Thomas Henley. The tower copied a similar one at Bellevue Hill that had been built for military purposes. The Bellevue Hill tower has since been demolished making the Drummoyne tower unique. [1912 - Canada Bay Connections/2013 - Google Street View. By Phil Harvey]

Abbotsford House, Abbotsford, NSW, at the time of construction of the Nestlé factory in 1918. Nestlé, then known as the Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company, purchased Abbotsford House and its grounds in 1917 to build the 'largest chocolate factory in the Southern Hemisphere'. Abbotsford House was retained for use as offices, while the factory was constructed on three sides of the house.

Abbotsford House, Abbotsford, NSW, at the time of construction of the Nestlé factory in 1918. Nestlé, then known as the Anglo-Swiss Condensed Milk Company, purchased Abbotsford House and its grounds in 1917 to build the 'largest chocolate factory in the Southern Hemisphere'. Abbotsford House was retained for use as offices, while the factory was constructed on three sides of the house.

A block of houses in College Street, #Drummoyne, c1920 & 2017 #sydney #history http://fat.ly/grNH (Instagram Image from @beliefmedia, 19th February 2017 8:24pm).

A block of houses in College Street, #Drummoyne, c1920 & 2017 #sydney #history http://fat.ly/grNH (Instagram Image from @beliefmedia, 19th February 2017 8:24pm).

Pinterest
Search