Salisbury Green is an 18th-century house, on the Pollock Halls site of the University of Edinburgh. Originally built around 1780 by Alexander Scott. In 1860-67 the architect John Lessels remodelled the house in Baronial Style, for the publisher William Nelson (1816–1887), of the Thomas Nelson publishing company. The University acquired the building after WWII. In 2006, Salisbury Green was given a thorough refurbishment, & is now operated by the university as the Salisbury Green Hotel.