"Crow Lady No. 5" is the fifth installment in my series of linocuts featuring women with corvids. It has a slightly softer expression than the previous prints, and portrays a moment of contentment and harmony.
The Crow Lady series is inspired by folklore, fairytales and Northern mythology. Slavic folk costumes and textiles has served as an inspiration for the clothing in these prints; I have sought to incorporate a sense of the uncanny we meet in fairytales; and I have drawn on the myth of the one-eyed God Odin and his raven companions Hugin and Munin, which are central to Northern mythology. Where this series however deviates from the classical myths and fairytales, is that here the protagonist is a female. A young woman radiating strength and adventure. – An adventure these open-ended visual snippets invites the viewer to explore further in their own imagination.
- Handcarved in Lino and handpulled on a press – each print is an unique, original, handmade artwork, signed and numbered by the artist
- The paper measures approx. 38 x 50 cm, and the printed area 25 x 33 cm
- Printed on luxurious Somerset Satin 300 gsm paper – an expensive paper of outstanding quality. Each print has four deckled edges, and most prints will come with a discreet Somerset watermark
- All materials used are of archival quality, so if treated correctly this artwork will last for centuries to come
- Limited edition printed in Black
Ships from and sold by