This is my finished hanging antique tile. I used the idea of making a stabilizing frame for the back- which was super easy and cheap. See my other pin on how to do this. Then I mounted the tin on the frame and nailed it down. Painted and distressed the final bit of wood that was showing, and hung. Project cost me $16 for wood, nails, and "tin snips". Used the snips to cut off some broken off corners and smooth edges.
She Writes: I took an old tin ceiling panel and purchased 4 blank canvases (the dimension of the design in the tile). I painted the 6 panels 3 colors to match my bedding and wall colors. I stenciled designs on them in the other colors of the canvases.