I used youtube to upload my music video, as a public platform to be presented.
Post Productions: This was a website that enables you to download video effects. We tried this on our music video to see how the effects looked but after much debating and back and forth editing we decided against using these filters.
POST PRODUCTION - Using the beat markers on Premiere Pro enabled me to mark out where I wanted the edit to change to match the beat of the song, for example during the performance montage where the artist is shown messing around with sunglasses. This way, it was able to keep in with the conventions of a music video, and keep my video visually interesting, as well as portraying the artist's star image as fun and bubbly.
PLANNING - To find the ideal audience member, YouGov compiled a list of attributes, including age, that my audience member would have. This helped me to better target my music video, for example at 18-24 year olds.
Evaluation Question 1: I used Microsoft Publisher to add pictures of a professional digipack and advert, as well as our own digipack and advert. I then wrote about different conventions within these products, comparing things such as colour and typeface. I also used Publisher to display screenshots of our video and 4 professional videos, to illustrate how we used and challenged typical features of indie rock music videos.
Uploading: I used Youtube as the main platform in order to upload the drafts for the Music Video, enabling one cloud that could be watched easily from the blog through the use of embedding. It also enabled our peers to leave feedback on each draft allowing an easy system to view the feedback for each draft.
Our Youtube Channel, and the site itself, was crucial. Youtube videos could be embedded into our blog, thus allowing EVALUATION and drafts to be placed in our blog. This showed visual evidence of our progress and growth of our skills throughout the course. It also served as a RESEARCH tool, allowing us to gauge the recurring themes and conventions (Doc Martens, denim, vespas) in the Ska genre.
This screenshot shows how I used Adobe Premiere Pro to edit my sequence. I used this to a large extent to edit my music video. I found it easy to import and sort footage and music files. This was easy to use and probably the most used program out of my whole production. Here you can see how I have numerous clips throughout the duration of the song, due to the concept of my music video and the green screen effects.
PLANNING- Once decided on a song we had to ask for the permission of the artist to use their property. We used 'Twitter' to tweet the artist directly and so get permission to use the song in our music video.
I created a VennDiagram, to show the software and hardware I used throughout the production of my Digi Pack and Music video, it has helped me to remember what i used so that i know which productions to mention and printscreen.
POST-PRODUCTION / EVALUATION- Adobe Premiere Pro is was our main editing software to which we edited the entirety of our music video. We also used this software for editing feedback on drafts 2 and 3 of our music video and evaluation question 2. Premiere Pro was easy for us to use with a clear editing timeline to which helped in making the post production process as efficient as possible.
We used Adobe Premiere Pro to edit the footage for our music video. From using Premiere Pro, we were able to achieve precise cutting and lip syncing to the song, along with specific colour correction and transitions. Premiere Pro also enabled us experiment with techniques and actively gain knowledge in the programme. Premiere Pro was a useful programme to create our video to look professional. We also used it in Evaluation Question 2 to overlay the recording to our music video and add…