Hotel Beauharnais, Paris (1714-1803). The Hôtel Beauharnais is a historic hôtel particulier in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, France. It was designed by architect Germain Boffrand. Its construction was completed in 1714. By 1803, the structure was purchased by Eugène de Beauharnais, who had it rebuilt in an Empire style. It has been listed as an official historical monument since July 25, 1951. Today it serves as the official residence of the German Ambassador to France.