The first port of call for many tourists to St. Thomas, Crown Bay plays host to a full-service marina and shopping centre. Located on the south coast of the island, and in close proximity of the airport and bustling capital, Charlotte Amalie, Crown Bay offers an exciting range of first-class amenities.
Photography by Don Hebert, www.donhebert.com
6. All on Red - Try your hand with lady luck at Crown Bay Gaming and Entertainment Center. Located just steps from the cruise ships and shopping, you can sip cool drinks and relax listening to live music whilst having a go on state-of-the-art electronic Poker, Keno, Lotto and much more. www.sgvi.com
5. Island Flavours - Famous for their special Hibiscus, Mint and Island Blend lemonades, as well as delicious local dishes such as stewed mutton and johnny cakes, Island Flavor Restaurant offers a truly Caribbean experience on the waterfront at the Crown Bay Center. Soak up the tropical atmosphere and local beats, while watching luxury yachts and cruise ships pass by. www.facebook.com/pages/Island-Flavor-Restaurant
3. Sail Away - With departures from the Crown Bay Center, enjoy a picturesque sail through Charlotte Amalie harbour, rum punch in hand, on the glass-bottom KON TIKI boat. Catch a glimpse of the colourful coral reef and its aquatic inhabitants below, before heading to Water Island for an hour of swimming and relaxing. www.cruiseshipexcursions.com
2. Shop ‘til you Drop - Offering an impressive range of duty-free items, locally made crafts, unique gifts and fine clothing, all can be found at the Crown Bay Center. Our fine stores include: Aseck Jewelers, Diamonds International, Duty Free – St. Thomas, Cardow, Omni's Inc., Blooming Things Clothing and Flower Boutique, Blue Island Divers and the Owl and Seahorse Bookstore.
1. Desert Island - A short ferry ride from Crown Bay Marina, Hassel Island is a quiet gem in the middle of Charlotte Amalie’s busy harbour. A mere 136 acres, the island has a rich history – it was used as a defense post by both the Danish and the British in the 19th century – and is now a U.S. National Park. Explore the isle’s ruined forts or play castaway on your very own deserted white-sand beach. www.hasselisland.org
4. Pamper Yourself - With departures from the Crown Bay Center, enjoy a picturesque sail through Charlotte Amalie harbour, rum punch in hand, on the glass-bottom KON TIKI boat. Catch a glimpse of the colourful coral reef and its aquatic inhabitants below, before heading to Water Island for an hour of swimming and relaxing. www.cruiseshipexcursions.com