Buloke

The sections of the Buloke Shire which were previously in the Birchip and Donald Shires, including Birchip, Watchem, Donald
23 Pins23 Followers
Church of England, Birchip [picture], State Library of Victoria

Church of England, Birchip [picture], State Library of Victoria

Campbell's Tank monument, south of Birchip. Constructed in 1891 to store water. In drought years water trains brought in water to supply the town & district.

Campbell's Tank monument, south of Birchip. Constructed in 1891 to store water. In drought years water trains brought in water to supply the town & district.

Men, women and children outside store or shop at Wirrumbirchip [picture], State Library of Victoria.  Name shortened to Birchip, Wirrumbirchip was the name given to their pastoral station in the 1840s by Hugh Mann and James Falconer.

[Men, women and children outside store or shop at Wirrumbirchip] [picture] , State Library of Victoria

Birchip Uniting Church

Birchip Uniting Church

A McCormack-Deering tractor on the property of Mr. F. Porter, Birchip in 1926. Photo: State Library of Victoria's Victorian Railways Reso Tour photographs.

A McCormack-Deering tractor on the property of Mr. Porter, Birchip in Photo: State Library of Victoria's Victorian Railways Reso Tour photographs.

The Scourge of poultry - a man displaying foxes in front of a fowl yard, Birchip, 1929.

The Scourge of poultry - a man displaying foxes in front of a fowl yard, Birchip,

The rusting remains of the Donald Inland Freezing Company's buildings. Covering 10 acres most of the buildings are abandoned or converted to other uses. The freezing section was turned into a yabby (freshwater crayfish) production plant 'Oz Crays' during the 1980s (now derelict), and the north-most section is home to 'Kooka's Country Cookies' (established in 1990s). Only the portion of the rail-line to the grain silos is utilised.

The rusting remains of the Donald Inland Freezing Company's buildings. Covering 10 acres most of the buildings are abandoned or converted to other uses. The freezing section was turned into a yabby (freshwater crayfish) production plant 'Oz Crays' during the 1980s (now derelict), and the north-most section is home to 'Kooka's Country Cookies' (established in 1990s). Only the portion of the rail-line to the grain silos is utilised.

The C.W.A. monument on the Sea Lake Rd north of Birchip. Erected in 1936 by the Country Womens' Association to commemorate pioneer woman Mrs Ferguson and her infant daughter who were interred adjacent to the monument in 1872.

monument on the Sea Lake Rd north of Birchip. Erected in 1936 by the Country Womens' Association to commemorate pioneer woman Mrs Ferguson and her infant daughter who were interred adjacent to the monument in

Members of the Jeffcott District Brass Band, c1905.

Members of the Jeffcott District Brass Band,

Sheep-yards on the railway line at Kinnabulla near Bob Crosbie's shed, built with railway iron and sleepers.

Sheep-yards on the railway line at Kinnabulla near Bob Crosbie's shed, built with railway iron and sleepers.

Main street in Donald. On the right, a hotel, E. W. Perkin, baker, and a garage, c1935.

Main street in Donald. On the right, a hotel, E. W. Perkin, baker, and a garage, c1935.

Cairn for ‘Le Lievre’s Hill” the Thalia homestead built in 1901 for Edward & Mary Ann Burns. The 38square building was relocated to Malmsbury in 1997.

Cairn for ‘Le Lievre’s Hill” the Thalia homestead built in 1901 for Edward & Mary Ann Burns. The building was relocated to Malmsbury in

Members of the Donald Caledonian Society Gathering in 1910.

Donald Caledonian Society - Victoria - Australia 1910 with dancers. fellow on the right, short, moustache and pipes is James Center. Piper and dancer son of John Center photographer and pipe maker.

Corack East Uniting Church.

Corack East Uniting Church.

The front of the shop of 'J R Hornsby Builder & Undertaker', c1905. James R. Hornsby as a timber merchant, builder, contractor, had built at least half the buildings in Donald at the time he died in July 1917.

The front of the shop of 'J R Hornsby Builder & Undertaker', James R. Hornsby as a timber merchant, builder, contractor, had built at least half the buildings in Donald at the time he died in July

Pinterest
Search