The main street in Rainbow. A parade of children followed by a number of motor cars, soldier on horseback watches the parade. Jenkins saddlers, W. Bouchen's pastrycook and a hotel are in the background.
Unidentified country town, Mallee Wimmera district, ca.1925. Photo: State Library of Victoria's Victorian Railways Reso Tour photographs. Probably Roy Street Jeparit with the railway crossing in the background Hindmarsh Hotel & David Hackett's saddlery on the right.
Noske Brothers Flour Mill at Rainbow in There are a number of men standing on a raised platform where there is a stack of grain sacks. Advertising signs on the building including: Federal manure, Bagshaw farm machinery and Massey Harris.
The Nhill Aeradio Station in 1939, it was a part of a vital national network established in 1938 to provide critical communications and navigation support for an increasing amount of civil aircraft. Situated at the half-way point of a direct air-route between Adelaide and Melbourne, Nhill was an ideal location for an aeradio station.
The Banner office building in Lochiel St built in 1927. The first issue of the 'Dimboola Banner & Kiata, Lawloit, Mt Elgin & Lillimur Advertiser' newspaper rolled off the presses on 10th May 1879, in Victoria St. It was printed by Henry Barnes and edited by his brother William. The Banner is still published weekly, and maintains an office in Dimboola.
'Big Lizzie' near Lorquon in 1925-26. It was the largest tractor built in Australia prior to World War II with a 60 hp 8 ton, 215 rpm single cylinder Blackstone crude oil engine. The tractor unit: 34' long x 11' wide x 18' high, the prime mover weighed 45 tons and with her 2 trailers was capable of carrying 80 tons payload.