The Club Hotel at 95 Main Street in Minyip. In 1877 Thomas Byrne Carroll purchased Allotment 7 Section 3 of the Minyip Township, and built a hotel in 1890. Catherine Keenan completed the 2-storey brick building in 1907, it had 40 rooms (including 23 bedrooms). In 1929 a fire which gutted 5 wooden shops badly gutted the west side of the hotel. In the 1980s the hotel featured in the 'Flying Doctors' tv series.
Site of the Blue Ribbon Hotel on the corner of the Borung Highway and Blue Ribbon Road at Wallup acres Allotment sold to Alexander Patterson It was registered with a liquor license in November The building of 5 rooms & Post Office was destroyed by fire on
The Wheatsheaf Hotel in Netherby. Originally The Commercial it opened in the building burned down in 1934 and was rebuilt on the same site. The name was changed in 1979 when Ian & Jill Lilley took over.
White Hart Hotel in Horsham at the corner of Firebrace Street and Roberts Avenue (originally Splatt St). The hotel was built by John Gillies in 1882. All it's balcony & railings and part of the roof were torn away in the Great Storm of 1897. It has been extended, and renovated in the 1950s and 1960s, and the verandah was removed in 1962.
A decorated brewery wagon (banner: By these we prosper) outside the Bull and Mouth Hotel, Horsham in
The shell of the burnt-out Dimboola Hotel. The blaze was on 26 October 2003. Cause of the fire is still unknown but is believed to have originated in the office area on the ground floor of the hotel, on the Lloyd Street side of the building. The fire caused an estimated $2 million worth of damage destroying both floors of the hotel & the adjoining Dimboola Cafe under the common roof. The building was finally demolished in August 2014. Built in 1930 it replaced the original weatherboard…