Souvenir of the Horsham and District High School, Victoria 1926

Souvenir of the Horsham and District High School, Victoria 1926

Teacher and pupils at the Rupanyup State School no 1761, c1895.

A group portrait of teacher and pupils at the Rupanyup State School no

Rainbow East School (Hazeldene) No. 3575 opened in April 1908, the Department leased the Rainbow East Hall, and in 1916 a new "Narrung Type building 18’ x 12’ was built. The school later suffered a permanent decline in enrolment with the introduction of bus services to Rainbow & closed in October 1960. The building suffered from weathering and white ants, but in 1961 was moved to the Rainbow Sports Ground. The site was sold in October 1966. Photo PROV

Rainbow East School (Hazeldene) No. 3575 opened in April 1908, the Department leased the Rainbow East Hall, and in 1916 a new "Narrung Type building 18’ x 12’ was built. The school later suffered a permanent decline in enrolment with the introduction of bus services to Rainbow & closed in October 1960. The building suffered from weathering and white ants, but in 1961 was moved to the Rainbow Sports Ground. The site was sold in October 1966. Photo PROV

The Natimuk Pavilion Classroom constructed by the Victorian Public Works Department in 1914 as an open air classroom. The rectangular timber structure with a gabled roof, accommodated 48 children in dual seater desks. 3 sides of the classroom are boarded with weatherboards to the height of 3’; above that, adjustable canvas shutters were fitted to the roofline. The back wall where the blackboard was mounted was boarded from floor to ceiling. The room was built on sleeper plates for easy…

The Natimuk Pavilion Classroom constructed by the Victorian Public Works Department in 1914 as an open air classroom. The rectangular timber structure with a gabled roof, accommodated 48 children in dual seater desks. 3 sides of the classroom are boarded with weatherboards to the height of 3’; above that, adjustable canvas shutters were fitted to the roofline. The back wall where the blackboard was mounted was boarded from floor to ceiling. The room was built on sleeper plates for easy…

Boyeo State School opened in February 1884 in a temporary building on a 2 acre site. In 1885 the Department erected a timber schoolroom with an attached 4-room residence. Finally like most rural schools it succumbed to declining attendance and finally closed in February 1944. The old abandoned, derelict structure has stood for 127 years on a rise above a timbered swamp, part of a Crown Land red-gum reserve.

Boyeo State School opened in February 1884 in a temporary building on a 2 acre site. In 1885 the Department erected a timber schoolroom with an attached 4-room residence. Finally like most rural schools it succumbed to declining attendance and finally closed in February 1944. The old abandoned, derelict structure has stood for 127 years on a rise above a timbered swamp, part of a Crown Land red-gum reserve.

Murtoa School No. 1549. A state school was built late in 1875 facing Duncan St. In 1933 the wooden infant room was erected on the site as a separate building from the main 3-room block. A LTC building was added behind the infant room, after this photograph was taken. Murtoa Primary combined with Murtoa Secondary College in 2000 to become Murtoa College on the College site and the State site abandoned. From the Rose series postcards. c1950s

Murtoa School No. 1549. A state school was built late in 1875 facing Duncan St. In 1933 the wooden infant room was erected on the site as a separate building from the main 3-room block. A LTC building was added behind the infant room, after this photograph was taken. Murtoa Primary combined with Murtoa Secondary College in 2000 to become Murtoa College on the College site and the State site abandoned. From the Rose series postcards. c1950s

Baring School No. 4337, officially opened in March 1928 in a one-room weatherboard building erected on a 5 acre site in north-east corner of Allotment 20C a Timber & Water Reserve “Fox’s Tank Reserve”, incorporating a Hall Reserve, Parish of Baring, and operated there until October 1945. Both building and pupils were then moved to Patchewollock Group School. The building is now used for visitor accommodation in Patchewollock.

Baring School No. 4337, officially opened in March 1928 in a one-room weatherboard building erected on a 5 acre site in north-east corner of Allotment 20C a Timber & Water Reserve “Fox’s Tank Reserve”, incorporating a Hall Reserve, Parish of Baring, and operated there until October 1945. Both building and pupils were then moved to Patchewollock Group School. The building is now used for visitor accommodation in Patchewollock.

Dimboola Memorial High School opened in December 1924. From 1946 growing accommodation needs were supplied by closed State School buildings from surrounding districts. In 1950 a new Bristol building was erected, with 2 more rooms in 1952. As new buildings were erected, old temporary buildings were disposed of. A manual & domestic arts block was erected in 1957. Commercial & matriculation courses were established in 1947. During 1964 a new science block, library & classroom complex were…

Dimboola Memorial High School opened in December 1924. From 1946 growing accommodation needs were supplied by closed State School buildings from surrounding districts. In 1950 a new Bristol building was erected, with 2 more rooms in 1952. As new buildings were erected, old temporary buildings were disposed of. A manual & domestic arts block was erected in 1957. Commercial & matriculation courses were established in 1947. During 1964 a new science block, library & classroom complex were…

Teachers & Pupils in front of Lallat Plains State School No.1686, circa 1895 - Museum Victoria

Teachers & Pupils in front of Lallat Plains State School circa 1895 - Museum Victoria

Beulah School No. 3109 (formerly Galaquil) opened in April 1891 in a building on the south-west corner of Hopetoun Rd & Bell St in Beulah with the name ‘Galaquil’. In February 1892 the name changed to Beulah, a second building from Heatherlie School was moved and a new section added in 1899. A new 3 classroom brick building opened in 1930, and adjacent wooden rooms were added in 1963.

Beulah School No. 3109 (formerly Galaquil) opened in April 1891 in a building on the south-west corner of Hopetoun Rd & Bell St in Beulah with the name ‘Galaquil’. In February 1892 the name changed to Beulah, a second building from Heatherlie School was moved and a new section added in 1899. A new 3 classroom brick building opened in 1930, and adjacent wooden rooms were added in 1963.

Longerenong Agricultural College, in 1938. It was destroyed in January 1940 - Museum Victoria

Longerenong Agricultural College, in It was destroyed in January 1940 - Museum Victoria

Pupils gardening in the grounds of Jung State School. Many of the children are holding gardening utensils. The weatherboard school is in the background with a residence attached to the side, Feb 1908 - Museum Victoria

Pupils gardening in the grounds of Jung State School. Many of the children are holding gardening utensils. The weatherboard school is in the background with a residence attached to the side, Feb 1908 - Museum Victoria

A large group of children and their families at a picnic in a bush setting, for the Hopefield State School, c1895.

A large group of children and their families at a picnic in a bush setting, for the Hopefield State School,

The teacher and pupils of the Lake Carnak (Karnak) School, c1900.

The teacher and pupils of the Lake Carnak (Karnak) School,

Ellam School No. 3270 opened in 1897 in an Egyptian brick building. When the lease ended in 1899 the school was temporarily closed. Residents built a pugged native pine building. In 1905 it was unsuitable, an unused portable from Jeparit was erected, the building was not considered central, school was conducted in the local hall from June 1923. A site opposite was purchased & in 1927 a new building erected. It closed in the early 1970s, the building became a private residence later…

Ellam School No. 3270 opened in 1897 in an Egyptian brick building. When the lease ended in 1899 the school was temporarily closed. Residents built a pugged native pine building. In 1905 it was unsuitable, an unused portable from Jeparit was erected, the building was not considered central, school was conducted in the local hall from June 1923. A site opposite was purchased & in 1927 a new building erected. It closed in the early 1970s, the building became a private residence later…

Pinterest
Search