Colloquially known as the Stick Shed, this wheat storage shed was built in 1941-42, to store grain which could not be exported during the war years. The shed is comprised of 56 rows of 10 poles to support a roof 19metres at the ridge and 270metres long by 60 metres wide. When full it held 3,381,600 bushels of wheat. No longer used for storage it is a tourist attraction open during Murtoa's Big Weekends.
28 Pins25 Followers